The Diary of Frida
An Art Journaling Retreat
Mexico City MX
July 5-July 11 2024
Art Journaling retreat exploring La Vida de Frida Kahlo
Join California Artist Yoli Manzo in a hands-on Art Retreat and Rose Mendoza, the owner of Dulce Vida Travel & Mexican culture expert, as your hosts and guides.
A 6-day Art Journaling workshop & cultural immersion experience; inspired by the art of Frida Kahlo and her love of Mexico City. We will be immersing ourselves in the love, passion, and drama of Frida through an all-inclusive art Journaling cultural tour.
Art Retreat - California Artist Yoli Manzo will host daily art workshops. Yoli is well known as a highly creative mixed-media artist in the Sacramento area, where she now resides. Yoli has immersed herself in making and exhibiting her Latino-influenced art that includes icons such as Frida Kahlo, Santos, and Guadalupe, vivid colors, and edgy sensibility. Folk art and abstracts are a large focus of her recent works. Classes include Journal making, and sketching field trips. Followed by shopping and cultural experiences led by Rose Mendoza.
This art retreat is perfect for both artists and non-artists!
The classes are designed and paced to enjoy the experience with Yoli teaching both simple and advanced techniques on how to create the perfect art experience.
- We will begin by celebrating Frida Kahlo's birthday in La Casa Azul, The Frida Kahlo Museum, also known as Casa Azul (Blue House), where Kahlo was born and lived most of her life. Exploring the museum's exhibits showcasing Kahlo's artwork, personal belongings, and the studio where she created many of her masterpieces. Yoli will lead a sketching workshop in the gardens of Casa Azul.
- Become acquainted with the colorful neighborhood of Coyoacán, where Kahlo's house is located. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, visit the mercado, and taste the traditional Mexican cuisine.
- A morning visit to Xochimilco, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its picturesque canals and floating gardens. Take a trajinera (colorful boat) ride along the canals, enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, and maybe even hire a mariachi band to serenade you
- A visit to Open Art Market where you can meet the artist and purchase affordable artwork.
- Enjoy traditional Mexican meals at many restaurants that offer Frida-inspired cuisines, such as La Casa de Frida or El Cardenal, where you can savor dishes that were beloved by Frida Kahlo.
- Las Bellas Artes Museum and Folk Art Museum will be included in the itinerary.
Interested? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Will place you on the interest list and keep you updated!
Important Note - The experience in Mexico City will include daily walking on cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks, not ideal if guests require assistance with walking and or have dietary restrictions or are sensitive to high altitude
Bio: Yoli Manzo has exhibited her artwork at numerous galleries, on television, and at art festivals throughout Northern California. In addition to creating art, Yoli teaches mixed media workshops at her studio as well as a guest teacher at other studios, venues, and retreats. She has a love for bright colors, textiles, and just about any media she can throw on a canvas. Yoli was a resident artist at ARTHOUSE, (Studio 10) in Sacramento, CA for six years. You can see her work at the following social media sites.
Yoli Manzo (@sacredyolidesigns) • Instagram photos and videoshttp://www.facebook.com/sacredyolidesigns