The Diary of Frida
An Art Journaling Retreat
Mexico City MX
Art Journaling retreat exploring La Vida de Frida Kahlo
Join California Artist Yoli Manzo in a hands-on Art Retreat and Rose Mendoza, the owner of Dulce Vida Travel & Mexican culture expert, as your Art Instructor and guide.
A 6-day Art Journaling workshop & cultural immersion experience; inspired by the art of Frida Kahlo and her love of Mexico City. We will be immersing ourselves in the love, passion, and drama of Frida through an all-inclusive art Journaling cultural tour.
Art Retreat - California Artist Yoli Manzo will host daily art workshops. Yoli is well known as a highly creative mixed-media artist in the Sacramento area, where she now resides. Yoli has immersed herself in making and exhibiting her Latino-influenced art that includes icons such as Frida Kahlo, Santos, and Guadalupe, vivid colors, and edgy sensibility. Folk art and abstracts are a large focus of her recent works. Classes include Journal making, and sketching field trips. Followed by shopping and cultural experiences led by Rose Mendoza.
This art retreat is perfect for both artists and non-artists!
The classes are designed and paced to enjoy the experience with Yoli teaching both simple and advanced techniques on how to create the perfect art experience.
Our primary focus of the retreat is on the process of creating art, having fun, and learning to experiment as well as taking the time to appreciate all the art and culture that inspired Frida Kahlo.
- Day 1
Sketching and watercolor process warm-ups. Yoli will be showing quick easy and fun tips for on-site sketching. Students will be receiving sketchbooks, a handmade journal and a few sketching tools to be used for the remainder of the week.
- In the afternoon we will celebrate Frida Kahlo's birthday in La Casa Azul. The Frida Kahlo Museum, also known as Casa Azul (Blue House), is where Kahlo was born and lived most of her life. Exploring the museum's exhibits showcasing Kahlo's artwork, personal belongings, and the studio where she created many of her masterpieces. Yoli will lead an onsite sketching workshop at Casa Azul. We will be gathering photos for future sketching exercises as well as sketching onsite in the Jardin of Casa Azul.
- Afternoon free time to explore the charming neighborhood of Coyoacan.
- Day 2 - Day Trip to Xochimilco
- A morning visit to Xochimilco, a UNESCO World Heritage site famous for its picturesque canals and floating gardens. Take a trajinera (colorful boat) ride along the canals, enjoy the vibrant atmosphere, and maybe even hire a mariachi band to serenade you. We will be doing onsite sketching experiments while cruising the famed canals of Xochimilco.
- An afternoon visit to the Open Art Market where you can meet the artist and purchase affordable artwork in Coyoacan and a final stop to visit "Las Dos Fridas" in the Museum of Modern Art.
- Day 3 - All-Day Art Workshop
Part one:Handmade collage and mark-making workshop. We will be creating lots of our own collage papers using various colors, patterns, and mark-making inspired by our site seeing and botanical inspirations.Part Two:We will be using our collage pieces to make a beautiful and colorful Frida Kahlo portrait.
- On our way to dinner, we make a stop at craft store "Miguels Fantasias" Mexico's version of "Michaels"
- Day 4
- We will begin our day visiting the Museum of Anthropology, along with onsite sketching at the museum, after a break, we will head over to Palacio Nacional de Bella Artes Museum. A quick shopping trip at "La Ciuidadela" before dinner.
- The final workshop will be dedicated to finishing up and reviewing prior classes/projects. A visit to the Folk Art Museum before dinner
Price Per Person
- $2299 All-Inclusive price based on double occupancy (priced per person, sharing a room)
- $2599 All-inclusive price based on single occupancy (price for a single person)
Place a $500 deposit to secure your spot on the Retreat during checkout, final payment 60 days prior to departure. Deposit refundable up to 60 days prior to departure.
- 6 Nights Accommodations in Centro Historico District
- Local Cuisine - Daily Breakfast & Dinner
- Daily Art Workshops & Day Trips
- Daily walking tour guide - Museums and Shopping
- Roundtrip Airport Transportation - Mexico City Airport
- Travel Insurance
- Alcohol Beverages
- Personal Shopping
Ready to secure your reservation?
Place a $500 deposit to secure your spot on the Retreat during checkout.
- Checkout -$500 Deposit to secure your reservation
- Final payment due 60 days prior to departure
- Fully refundable 60 days prior to departure
Book Now! www.dulcevidatravel.com
Important Note - The experience in Mexico City will include daily walking on cobblestone streets and uneven sidewalks, not ideal if guests require assistance with walking and or have dietary restrictions or are sensitive to high altitude.
Bio: Yoli Manzo has exhibited her artwork at numerous galleries, on television, and at art festivals throughout Northern California. In addition to creating art, Yoli teaches mixed media workshops at her studio as well as a guest teacher at other studios, venues, and retreats. She has a love for bright colors, textiles, and just about any media she can throw on a canvas. Yoli was a resident artist at ARTHOUSE, (Studio 10) in Sacramento, CA for six years. You can see her work on the following social media sites.
Yoli Manzo (@sacredyolidesigns) • Instagram photos and videoshttp://www.facebook.com/sacredyolidesign
Art Retreat Mexico City
Mexico City Art Workshops
Creative Retreat Mexico
Painting Retreat Mexico City
Art Classes in Mexico City
Mexico City Art Retreats 2023
Art and Culture Retreat Mexico
Artist Getaway Mexico City
Mexico City Art Vacation
Painting and Drawing Workshops
Art Immersion Retreat Mexico
Artistic Getaway in Mexico
Mexico City Art Studio Retreat
Retreat Mexico City
Art Holiday in Mexico
Weekend Art Retreat Mexico City
Mexico City Creative Escapes
Artistic Retreats in Mexico
Cultural Art Experiences Mexico City
Mexico City Art Retreat Accommodate