The Best Downtown San Jose Latino Art & Taco Walk
San Jose is the heart of Silicon Valley, and our town produces more than high tech gadgets. San Jose offers excellent Mexican cuisine, a rich history and vibrant Latino art scene.
Welcome to the first Latino Art & Taco Walk in downtown san José.
The tour explores San José historic South of First galleries, and introduction to the vibrant contemporary art scene, and a look at San Jose most important historic landmarks. We will share the fascinating history of downtown san José, and how Latino themed public art has shaped downtown’s culture lifestyle.
Everyone loves a good taco, this walk will include two taco stops, and a refreshing Mexican drink – aqua fresca. As a bonus a Mexican history lesson, how the taco came to be!
- 3-hour walking tour all in downtown San Jose historic district
- 3 gallery stops
- Explore South of First (SOFA) Art District
- A stop at historic Basilica and a spin around the famous “Cesar Chavez” park
- 2 Taco stops; 1 traditional flavor and 1 modern flavor
- Saturday & Sundays 2pm year-round
- Flat route, less than 1 mile long, with time to sit
- Tour limited to 12 people, advance tickets required
- Begins & ends at South of First downtown San Jose
- $60 per person